Telehealth Guide for Clients
What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth allows us to meet through audio and video over the internet.
How does Telehealth work?
- You’ll be sent a link for the video appointment. Click on it when our appointment is scheduled to start or open it through the Telehealth by SimplePractice app (download free in the app store). You can use the camera and audio on your computer or mobile device.
Why should I try Telehealth?
- I am very excited about this new option because it means no waiting and travel time, and you won’t have to take time off work or other priorities. Plus, it’s 100% HIPAA compliant and secure.
How much will it cost?
- Your cost for a video appointment will vary depending on the coverage you have with your insurance provider. Most insurances charge a copayment just like traditional appointments, and it most likely will be the same amount. We can determine your exact coverage and what your copay will be before we schedule an appointment.
Tip: Also check out the Telehealth guide for clients.
Tips for success
- Restart your computer every day (or at least every few days) for it to run as efficiently as possible.
- Close any unnecessary programs and applications on your computer. These take away from resources needed for your computer to run efficiently.
- Install recommended updates only from sources you trust, such as Microsoft and Apple. Keeping software up to date will help ensure the performance and compatibility of your computer.
- Locate the volume control on your device. You may need to adjust the volume or mute/unmute your speakers.